Donation Drop Dates:
Thursday, March 18th: 1-4pm
Thursday, March 25th: 2-5pm
Friday, March 26th: 10-12pm
Thursday, April 1st: 1-4pm
Come to our Farmhouse (249 E. Concordia Avenue) and ring the bell. Christine will greet you!
Please contact Christine w/ questions or to potentially arrange other drop off hours.
Keep your eyes open for our Farmstand and Garden Giveaway dates! We will be posting info to the website and our social media soon, it generally occurs on Friday afternoons from June-October but we need to finalize details yet. This is where you can get free or pay-what-you-can produce from our farm and all these lovely donated seeds, seedlings, and tools! Reduce Reuse Recycle! Let’s keep these tools outta the landfill and into the hands of people who need them!
We welcome your used items if they are in good condition. We cannot accept broken or overly worn in items, or items that are not on the list at this time.
We also encourage you to purchase items on our Amazon Wish List using smile.amazon.com!
AmazonSmile is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to donate to charitable organizations. When first visiting AmazonSmile, you will be prompted to choose which organization you would like to support. In purchasing eligible items, AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to VGI! This way, you will not only be donating a much-needed item but also a small financial contribution, which adds up quickly for us! Please include your name and contact information when purchasing so we can acknowledge your donation!
Garden Supplies: Last year we gave away tons of seeds and garden supplies to low-income families so they could start their own gardens and would like to provide even more supplies in 2021!
- Vegetable Seed Packets –> HIGH DEMAND ITEM!!! (Seed packets can be dated from 2017 – 2020 and still be viable!)
- Vegetable/Herb Seedlings (if you started a few too many, we will gladly give them away to new gardeners!)
- Hand Tools (trowels, cultivators, clippers etc)
- Full Size Shovels (round point preferred)
- Watering Cans
- Gardening Gloves
- Tomato Cages
- Clean 10 Gallon Plastic Buckets w/ Handles
Sorry, but we CANNOT accept plastic plant pots at this time! We have a large back stock to get through first and no space to store extras! However, we will take nice houseplant pots such as ceramic or terracotta pots or hanging baskets.
Farmhouse – Office Supplies: We can always use support of supplies for our office! We are a small nonprofit and all our staff share the responsibilities of an office manager/facilities manager to keep the place running!
- Standard Print Paper
- Printer Ink (HP 952XL Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow)
- We’ll always accept eco-friendly cleaning supplies, first aid supplies, and feminine hygiene products
- Trash Bags
- Unworn White T-Shirts, all sizes but prefer SM – XL and youth sizes. We like to screen print or tie dye shirts for volunteer events and youth programs.
- Clear plastic storage containers, all sizes. We’re finally able to organize our supplies in the Farmhouse basement now that renovation is done!
- Mason Jars w/ Unused Lids (any size!)
- Reusable Cloth Bags — we have them available at the Farmstand and Garden Giveaways so people can carry their items home
Gift Cards: Either to purchase supplies for programs or as give-a-way items for low-income families and program participants
- Garden Supply Stores (Weber’s Greenhouse, Steins, Plant Land, Kellner Greenhouse, etc)
- Outpost Natural Foods Co-Op/Beans & Barley/Fresh Thyme/Whole Foods
- Home Depot/Lowe’s/Menard’s
- Local Restaurants & Black Owned Businesses