The Victory Garden Agricorp program offers youth in the Harambee neighborhood and beyond an extended summer experience on the farm. Youth will:
- have a chance to get their hands dirty while being outside in the fresh air;
- connect to a local food source while learning how their food grows;
- taste vegetables and understand why they are nutritious for our bodies;
- harvest, wash, and prepare produce straight from the farm to create healthy, daily snacks;
- plan their own garden bed and watch it grow over the summer;
- have fun while learning with games and activities;
- experience other learning opportunities and activities such as human values, yoga, breathing/meditation, teamwork and more; and
- make new friends.
The Agricorps schedule is from June – August.
2019 Registration will open spring of 2019.